Skirt: Voodoo Vixen (via Starletvintagefashion on Ebay)
Top: Miss Fortune
Shoes: Matalan (very old)
I'm in a retro-futuristic mood now that we're in 2016. Watching science fiction as a child, the tales always seemed to be set in the not-too-far 21st century, so now that we're in a year that was touted in Star Trek as the year by which we'd all have personal hovercraft, I can't help but feel that we have a long way to go. Despite that, 2015 was an amazing year for science, here are my top five news stories:
- The first new antibiotic in 30 years has been discovered in soil.
- Two drugs that could help create a male contraceptive have been identified.
- An Australian team computer 3D-printed a new sternum and ribs for a Spanish man.
- NASA finds an ocean on one of Jupiter's moons.
- Britain voted yes to three-parent IVF, which will prevent many incurable inheritable diseases.
So we are living in the space age after all! The wonderful Barbarella-esque print on the Voodoo Vixen skirt also appears on a dress (on sale) but the skirt was sold out on the Voodoo Vixen website when I last checked.
Linking up with: Share in Style, Visible Monday, Reasons to Dress,#IwillwearwhatIlike, Passion for Fashion, Hat Attack