Above: I sewed version 3, which is bottom right in this photo.
The pattern itself was pretty easy. Two bodice pieces, and two facing pieces for around the neckhole. I still managed to sew the facing in the wrong way round. Also, because my fabric probably was a bit too thick, it's ended up with a few lumps around the neckhole too where the layers join together.
Anyway, I've decided that I've done enough messing about with practice patterns with fabric that I'll never actually wear. It's time to plunge into my next project. I've chosen the 'Coco' pattern from Tilly and the Buttons. It's the funnel neck top that I'm after, for its '60s vibe. I'm going to make it with 3/4 sleeves, with the cuffs.The fabric I have is some lovely coral ponte from Clothspot. I ordered far too much, as I was going to make the dress but have since changed my mind and want to do the top instead. It's these kind of tops, like my Vivien of Holloway slash-neck top, that I always miss when they're in the laundry basket. Here's Grace, to illustrate the vibe I'm going for!
As of writing this, the fabric is laid out with the pieces on it ready to cut out. It was my first time altering sizing on a pattern, as I've had to make the bust a size bigger than the waist and hip. Let's see how it turns out. I'm not making a toile or practice one, as I don't have any practice stretch fabric and I hate the idea of making something so simple twice. This may prove to be a mistake, but I'll give it my best shot!